How To Watch And Learn Effectively?

Learning has no boundaries. That is a well-known fact given the influence of the digital age we live in today. But, the growing emphasis is on finding out ways and means of accelerating it. In organizations where the demand for skills and talent remain a constant struggle, it is the ability to come up to speed that matters. So, how does data work in the sphere of learning? Is leapfrogging possible in the context of learning? Of course, the point to be taken note of is that traditional methods of learning are getting replaced by smart and immersive ways. Why? Because it is the engagement of learners’ that is paramount. Cookie-cut approaches no longer work. Open-ended, collaborative, and experiential learning is what sticks and works. With the right tools and technologies, it is possible to harness the immense human and intellectual potential available to enterprises. Essentially, smart technologies are facilitating learning by the sheer power of engagement that not only leads to absorption but also empowers learners. Of course, not to disregard the fact that traditional approaches have helped in understanding core concepts. But a look at some figures from publicly available reports will throw light on how the whole landscape of learning is going through paradigm shifts…

Effective-learning

Why video learning works? Some insights:

  • Self-directed learning
  • Opportunity to observe the best practices in an open environment
  • Facilitates conversational and visual tones of content consumption
  • Exponential learning possible as video learning comes with the pause and repeat mechanisms
  • Cryptic text-book approach to focused, tracked, and immersive way of learning
  • Enables granular learning
  • Passive to interactive approach
  • Constructivist thinking
  • Practical way
  • Collaborative learning possible

Statistics show the latest trends of how technologies are enabling learning and development in organizations that are constantly paying attention to boost learning with the use of latest tools and technologies. Last year, between April and November, the amount of average daily video views on Facebook doubled from 4 billion video views per day to 8 billion. In the second quarter of 2015, mobile phones (34%) and tablets (15%) combined for 49% of video ad impressions — up from 38% in the first quarter of last year. Publishers saw PC impressions drop from 62% to 50% in the previous quarter.

According to Syndacast, next year, 74% of all internet traffic will be video! The appeal of visual medium has triggered a demand like never before for rich multi-media and immersive experiences. While those in the learning domain have to operate on tight training budgets,the emphasis is on scouting for interactivity and visual engagement in the course content. These are possible with the use of blended learning – a mix of smart technologies that lays focus on learners seeking an experiential approach.

Remember “by 2019 it is predicted that as much as 80% of consumer internet traffic will be devoted to watching video. The rapid growth of video consumption has been one of the defining trends of the internet over the past several years. The top five industries for using video are software, marketing, healthcare, non-profit and education.” It is also predicted that it would take someone 5 million years to watch the amount of video that will cross global IP networks in a single month.

Obviously video is emerging to be the most popular media through which consumption of information is taking place. Check out the advantages of  video learning to get more clarity on why it makes sense to invest in video learning!

Source:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-vj6BhQa5w
http://boldcontentvideo.com/2015/11/11/15-video-marketing-statistics-for-2016/
http://blog.hubspot.com/marketing/visual-content-marketing-strategy#sm.000vatabu113qdqfwh02peus6knod
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eP5WVF5Ri0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_O6kdgX87c
http://blog.originlearning.com/do-you-see-a-paradigm-shift-in-learning/

Leave a Reply