Concept is what is core to content. By that we mean the delivery of an output that can create or leave an ever-lasting impact on the customer. Concept here pertains to complicated technical scenarios and engineering environments that require core competence and suitable skill-sets. Let’s explore this a bit more if you agree that understanding of a concept can result in outcomes that are bound to at least meet expectations if not exceed them! For, understanding technical concepts can work wonders in creating a powerful and relevant customer engagement…
Understanding the concept of functionality, from a technical perspective, is central to content. Such a context will definitely lead to better customer engagement.
Now, we all know that the car or any other vehicle works on the ECG or the engine, clutch, gear principle. Of course, not to forget the vital ‘brake’ component, that acts as the lifeline of any vehicle on road. Even for an aircraft, the engine is central to its functioning while other controls keep the air-borne vehicle on course. Transportation modes on land and air have been dwelt upon. Let’s come to water. Think of a ship and in the context of functions, anchor seems to be the first thing that comes to mind. But interestingly, that does not perform the ‘brake’ function of the transport mode on sea, right? How then, can a ship be brought to halt? Flummoxed?
It is the power of an impeller that is at work in a ship, though not as well-known as the ECG may be! That iron or steel or any other suitable metal fixture – the rotating component is what takes care of the braking operations in a ship! Aha! It’s as simple as that…
So, understanding the concept of functionality, from a technical perspective, is central to content. Such a context will definitely lead to better customer engagement. Origin Learning has displayed its in-depth understanding of concepts by developing learning modules with an immersive approach for a transportation conglomerate recently. A deep dive into the technical concepts enabled it to provide graphic content (solutions) using the 3D modeling techniques effectively. Origin has been able to go into minute detailing of the intricacies of the technical component functions and procedure which has made an immersive learning possible, besides elevating the user (learner) experience.
5 Ways to impart Technical Training effectively
- Bring the SMEs at the early stage of the engagement to understand the technical concept rather than the content.
- Identify the common functionalities and repurpose them for relevant training can result in reducing development efforts significantly
- Conduct pre-collaborative session between cross-functional teams to focus on the outcome can significantly improve the quality of the final deliverables. It can minimize the iterative customer review cycle to a large extent too.
- Create and standardize templates and style guides which can be leveraged to provide consistent output and deliverables to the customer.
- Design device-agnostic solutions for seamless learning experience on multiple devices.
Understanding tough concepts is critical to creating an immersive learning content for Industrial Technical Training.